- In formal situations, shake hands.
- In informal ones, give one kiss on the cheek.
- Be aware that formal situations may end with an invitation to share a meal.
- Brazilians use a lot of body language and eye contact and like to work in very close proximity.
- Brazilians use more emotion in their communication.
- French business people favor a slower pace; don't try to rush meetings.
- Arrange agendas for start times around noon and invite colleagues to trendy local restaurants.
- Germans prize punctuality, so always be on time.
- It is polite to offer coffee, tea and cookies during meetings.
- Give and receive business cards with both hands and read it thoroughly.
- Do not scribble on the business card you just received as it is a sign of disrespect.
- Do not say "no" directly.
- Adhere to the latest formal dress code.
- Translate all agreements, brochures and presentations into Russian.